SyncML status in kolab server 2.2.0

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Sep 12 21:25:12 CEST 2008

Quoting "Tom Malone" <tmalone at lancer-ins.com>:

> Gunnar, thanks for the quick answer.
>
> I was confused by the original announcement.  When I read the
> announcement in July I thought that Kolab 2.2.0 (which was released
> right after the announcement) would include support for syncing Contacts
> and Calendars.
>
> Are the Horde sources that include Syncing support available anywhere?

No, SyncML is currently only available on the Kolab Server based
Univention UGS system.

The patches are in principle available but for an older Horde version
and I still need to merge that patch queue to the newest Horde
release. And no - it makes no sense to try to do that yourself :)

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Tom
>

> Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> Quoting "Tom Malone" <tmalone at lancer-ins.com>:
>>
>>> I have been struggling to get a blackberry to sync to the Horde.
>>>
>>> Can someone please let me know the status of SyncML support in the
>>> current Kolab 2.2.0 server?  Is anything working?
>>
>> No. As has been announced before this will be part of Kolab Server
>> 2.2.1 which is currently being prepared.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Gunnar
>>
>>> And if so are there
>>> instructions for setting up and getting devices to sync.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Tom
>>>
>>> --
>>> ************************************************************************
>>> Tom Malone
>>> Manager of IT Systems and Administration
>>> Lancer Insurance Company
>>> 370 West Park Avenue
>>> Long Beach, N.Y. 11561
>>> Phone: (516) 431-4441 x3230
>>> Fax: (516) 889-5111
>>> E-mail: tmalone at lancer-ins.com
>>> ************************************************************************
>>>
>>> ===========================================================================
>>>
>>> The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
>>> intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be
>>> legally privileged.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination,
>>> distribution or copying of this communication and any of its contents or
>>> attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
>>> communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this
>>> message and please delete this message from all computers and servers.

> --
> Tom Malone
> Manager of IT Systems and Administration
> Lancer Insurance Company
> 370 West Park Avenue
> Long Beach, N.Y. 11561
> Phone: (516) 431-4441 x3230
> Fax: (516) 889-5111
> E-mail: tmalone at lancer-ins.com

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg