Postfix Virtual Alias Domains & Kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Sep 11 09:44:32 CEST 2008

Quoting "Albrecht Dreß" <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:

> Hi Gunnar:
>
> Am 08.09.2008 10:23:39 schrieb(en) Gunnar Wrobel:
>> Should be perfectly fine and if I'm not mistaken this is described
>> like this in the Kolab wiki.
>
> Yes, Alain also pointed me to that.  The page is somewhat "hidden" in
> the wiki.  Alain, what do you think about adding it to the "Howto"
> category?
>
>> It is just not the default and will only be used by experienced users
>> and thus we expect you to modify the corresponding configuration
>> templates yourself :)
>
> I see.  Great, then I'll simply copy my existing config.
>
>> I don't see the reason for that. Maybe you could add some more
>> details?
>
> It's the default according to the postfix docs (see
> <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mydestination>).  However,
> sending a mail to e.g. root at localhost seems to work, it's simply passed
> to the kolabfilter.  On a box where I run postfix *without* a kolab
> installation, I had to add it as to receive system mails directed to
> someone at localhost (or someone at localhost.localdomain).

Both "localhost" and "localhost.localdomain" may be common defaults in
/etc/hosts but I think only "localhost" is usually used. We'd probably
need some more common use cases to make it reasonable to add the
"localdomain" option.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Thanks, Albrecht.

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg