Postfix Virtual Alias Domains & Kolab

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Sep 8 12:31:28 CEST 2008

Hi Gunnar:

Am 08.09.2008 10:23:39 schrieb(en) Gunnar Wrobel:
> Should be perfectly fine and if I'm not mistaken this is described
> like this in the Kolab wiki.

Yes, Alain also pointed me to that.  The page is somewhat "hidden" in
the wiki.  Alain, what do you think about adding it to the "Howto"
category?

> It is just not the default and will only be used by experienced users
> and thus we expect you to modify the corresponding configuration
> templates yourself :)

I see.  Great, then I'll simply copy my existing config.

> I don't see the reason for that. Maybe you could add some more
> details?

It's the default according to the postfix docs (see
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mydestination>).  However,
sending a mail to e.g. root at localhost seems to work, it's simply passed
to the kolabfilter.  On a box where I run postfix *without* a kolab
installation, I had to add it as to receive system mails directed to
someone at localhost (or someone at localhost.localdomain).

Thanks, Albrecht.