Sender quota

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:33:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Volker Stoppe <grenzlaeufer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hall Alain,
>
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:16:03 +0200, Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You can write a postfix policy that will return a 45x or 55x code when
>> the recipient mailbox is full.
>> This can be easily  added to the smtpd_recipient_restrictions postfix
>> option
>> Your policy script must take care of aliases too and to resolve the
>> recipient mailbox
>> by querying  the ldap DB and finally check the quota usage of the
>> recipient mailbox
>> before to return the SMTP code.
>

> You point me to an interesting direction! Now I have ony to learn how to
> write postfix policies from the ground ;-) This will be an interesting
> challange!

I missed something : this is the sender you are worry about ! Not the
recipient !
Then no need to worry about recipients aliases, but you have to now
who is the sender account !
You can force your user to authenticate when sending emails, even in
the local networks
and then checd the user credentials to know the mailbox to check the quota.

Here is the postfix bible for policy writers !

Kolab also as 2 policies built in

--
Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com