Kolab 2.2 on Ubuntu 8.04

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 2 09:54:49 CEST 2008

Hi Allen,

On Friday 29 August 2008 05:05, Allen S. Rout wrote:
> I refer to the bootstrap problem mentioned in
> http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2008-June/008260.html
>
> I installed the kolab packages on my new ubuntu box, and encountered the
> same "Can't start temporary LDAP" problem.
>
> It appears to be a bunch of incompatibilities with the LDAP versions now
> being installed.

I gather this is because you've tried the Kolab Server/Ubuntu which is still
under development. I suggest to send your hints to kolab-devel@ also, so that
developers of this port can fix it.

(For completenes Kolab Server/OpenPKG is the most stable way to get Kolab
Server running, also on Debian and Ubuntu. :) )

Bernhard