Kolabd crashes after deleting user

Richard Bos rbos at opensuse.org
Wed Oct 1 11:12:55 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 10:18:27AM +0200, Rouven Sacha wrote:

> Richard Bos schrieb:
>
> >> installing libnet-ldap-perl from debian unstable (0.38-1) as recommended
> >> doesn't help either, kolabd now crashes immediately on startup, just as
> >> you encountered it.
>
> > Hmm, interesting  ;)   What version did you use before?  Can you make a diff
> > between the 2?  I used 0.37 up till now.  However, 0.38 provides 2 bug fixes:
>
> - From which of the 40 perl modules in libnet-ldap-perl should i make a
> diff of?
>
> > bserver-netsrv:~# dpkg -L libnet-ldap-perl|grep .pm$|wc -l

all :)  As I don't know which one changed.
Is it possible to have the old installed in some temp directory?
With rpm this is possible like this:
rpm2cpio <pkg> | cpio -id
If the same is possible for deb pkgs (which I assume it is), you
can than run a tool like:
find -name "*.pm" | while read M; do
echo === $M ===
diff -u /$M $M
done
Redirect the diff to a diff.  Hopefully it is not too big,
so it is clear what has changed... I'm afraid however, that
it is a big diff as the 0.37 release added the syncrepl
support to perl-ldap.....

BUT perhaps is not needed, see issue:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1755
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/msg16878
Perhaps that is the real (temporarely) solution?

--
Richard