automatically re-start LDAP in case of crash

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Oct 31 06:58:50 CET 2008

Quoting Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:

> Hi Gunnar,
>
> sorry for getting back to you so late, I'm currently figthing
> desperately with other stuff (fb lists are always empty...).
>
> Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
>> Yes, should be okay.
>
> O.k., I have a very simple script now, which I probably extend a
> little bit to periodically send a silly query to the server, so slapd
> will not terminate the connection due to inactivity.  Are you
> interested in it?

Yes. You could either attach this or directly place it in the wiki
(which is what I would do with it). As mentioned we don't have
monitoring in the Kolab Server at the moment and I guess we are not
going to add it in the near future so it should remain an optional add
on which we currently document in the wiki.

In principle it would be good to understand why the slapd fails though :)

>> You can increase the log level in
>> /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template.
>
> Hmm, didn't have any crashes since a week now, although the box went
> "live" and sees a lot more traffic.  I switched off SElinux (usually
> not a good idea, but I didn't fully succeed with writing the necessary
> policies) then, btw, maybe this makes a difference?

I don't know much about SElinux. DOes it have loggging and does the
LDAP crash coincide with a SElinux event?

Cheers,

Gunnar