Ldap replication

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Mon Oct 27 22:37:04 CET 2008

Op Monday 27 October 2008 20:13:38 schreef Neil Price:
>  >I believe this has not yet been decided for Kolab/OpenPKG as we are
>  >not yet forced to switch to the newer LDAP versions. It is of course
>  >nice to have the native ports testing this already.
>
> My vote is for Multi-master. It does not support delta-syncrepl (and is
> therefore a bit inefficient) but I'm sure it will in the future.
>
> For a geographically dispersed implementation,  multi-master makes
> sense. Master-slave has a single point of failure although you could
> alleviate this by syncing different parts of the tree differently but
> that would be very difficult to set up in some generalised fashion.
>
> Mathieu's Debian port uses  a master-slave delta syncrepl although I am
> still confused by his setup and unable to get it to work. I've paused
> that until I can rtfm some more and grok openldap better.

perhaps that the following kolab issues shine some light on the better:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/msg17168
keep syncrepl cookie on disk between sessions
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3152

Make syncrepl backend works in refreshAndPersist mode
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3154

Reduce syncrepl overload
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3155

As you can see this open replication mode is very much in development.  If
your issue is not in the list above, you might as well open an issue for it
yourself (don't forget to put mathieu on the assignment list).

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,