Kolab creates user but does not creates its mailbox (anymore)

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Thu Oct 9 23:44:03 CEST 2008

Op Thursday 09 October 2008 22:25:26 schreef Diego M. Vadell:
> Hi,
>    Thank you very much. But I have already done that, 3 times. It did fixed
> the web page (the "waiting for deletion" messages) but still it doesn't
> create cyrus' mailboxes.
>
>    Is it kolabd responsible for making the mailbox? How can I debug it?

I believe it is indeed.  You can debug it with setting the loglevel to e.g. 5
in the etc/kolab/kolab.conf, like:
log_level : 5
and monitor the messages file.

The process of adding a user, is like:
Add user to ldap, ldap replicates this data to the slaves.  One of the slaves
is the kolabd, the kolabd extracts the info it needs, and created the
mailbox.

Thinking out load: would it be useful to add a real ldap slave to the system,
that way it would be easy to determine whether replication works (just dump
the dit from the slave).

> Thanks
>  -- Diego.
>
> On Thursday 09 October 2008 19:18:00 Richard Bos wrote:
> > Op Thursday 09 October 2008 23:14:06 schreef Richard Bos:
> > > Hi Diego,

> > > you can restart the kolab daemon (kolabd).  Very often this helps, to
> > > resolve the problem.
> >
> > if this does not work, restart all kolab related services...
> >
> > How is it going with the patch that you dropped at the php developers?
> > Any sign of live from the php developers?

Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,
It is not inherited from our parents.