Alfresco + Kolab authentication

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Oct 9 09:40:19 CEST 2008

Quoting Antonio Straziota <devgioiatech at gmail.com>:

> hi all,
> i have to use kolab ldap backand to authenticate my kolab users on
> alfresco CMS.
>
> In detail:
> - i have Liferay configured with a CAS server and LDAP
> - CAS Server configured with LDAP
> - Alfresco configured with LDAP
>
> Now i've to configure Alfresco with LDAP. With SIMPLE autentication
> mode i've no problem, but i want to configure the authentication
> metod in DIGEST$B!](BMD5.
>
> Can i configure Kolab LDAP to accept connection in SASL DIGEST-MD5?

I admit I'm not 100% certain how your setup looks like. Of course
Alfresco can authenticate using SASL to authenticate against the Kolab
LDAP server. But your request sounds like you wish LDAP to use SASL
(something like http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LDAP-HOWTO/sasl.html) which is
not possible as OpenLDAP is the SASL backend and that would result in
a circular dependency.

Cheers,

Gunnar

>  My configuration is Kolab 2.2.0 stable on a CentOS 5.2 Xen VM
> Thanks in advance.
> Antonio.

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg