Cannot get freebusy to work in Kontact

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Wed Oct 8 10:24:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to get freebusy to work in my own Kontact (enterprise35) - so far
without luck. Here's what I see so far:

- We have several users for whom freebusy just works (same Kontact version and
no significant differences in korganizerrc, as far as I can see)
- For those users, the reqests I can see on the server (apache log) include a
login name
- If I use a browser to get the freebusy information "manually", I get asked
for a username and password. Once I supply them, I get the text. Hence,
freebusy does indeed work correctly on the server.
- In Settings -> Calendar -> Free/Busy -> Retrieve, I have set username and
password - however, none of those seems to get used by my client. The
username can be seen in korganizerrc, but it can never be seen in the
serverlogs.
- Restarting Kontact did not help

Basically, it looks like "my" Kontact refuses to send the username/password I
have entered when trying to retrieve the freebusy information. Unfortunately,
I have absolutely no idea why, especially, as it seems to work for other
users with the same Kontact version.

I have seen the Wiki article on the topic, but that does not seem to have any
clues. BTW: The Wiki article states that the URL for freebusy is supposed to
be "https://my-domain.de/freebusy/%EMAIL%.ifb". Is this still correct for
enterprise35? I'm asking 'cause all our users with working freebusy
have "https://my-domain.de/freebusy/" in there - which is the way kolabwizard
sets it.

As usual - any insight is most appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas