Strange kolab behaviour....

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Tue Nov 25 05:30:58 CET 2008

Hi Kolab Users!

I have a strange problem for which I have no answer, so I'm asking...

I have two servers: ambrosia.servinfo.ca (kolab server answering for
servinfo.ca mails), and pegasus.servinfo.ca (which answers for
echo.servinfo.ca (sympa mailing list)). For users anywhere on the Net,
the mailing list system is working perfectly. But for servinfo.ca users,
it does not. A user sending mail to (for example) test at echo.servinfo.ca
will get its mail bounced, because ambrosia complains that
test at servinfo.ca does not exists.

I can see, also, that a mail sent to test at echo.servinfo.ca from anywhere
(but not from servinfo.ca users) on the Net will get to its way. But
users from ambrosia (servinfo.ca users) will get a mail, apparently sent
to test at servinfo.ca. The won't be able to reply.

Why is ambrosia server readdressing the mails not intended to be treated
by himself? Can't they just get thru?  How do I fix that behaviour?
This is rather annoying...  and it makes me mad (which is, also, quite
annoying  :-))

Thanks,

--
Christian Tardif