Mail duplication

JP Viljoen viljoenjp at workforce.co.za
Fri Nov 14 13:09:50 CET 2008

Hi all

I've had a few users complaining that they get mail multiple times (2 or more,
average up to 40) when sent from certain people. All the senders in the
building are generally using Outlook. Just want to hear if anyone on the
lists has had similar issues, and/or possibly a resolution for the issue. I
by nature can't think that it's the pieces of software the mailserver is
built on (the Kolab stack), but since I know the previous administrators of
this setup weren't very .. future-minded .. I wouldn't rule out the
possibility. I have done some checking around every now and then when a user
complains and I generally find that in the cases where users do report
multiple mail, the maillog entries show a verbatim copy of the message-ID in
each of maillog entries for the mail. Does anyone perhaps have an idea what
could cause this? It's all just normal SMTP, no use of the Toltec connector,
and everything in a LAN environment.

Regards
JP