Horde & Outlook: two "Posteingang" folders

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Nov 7 21:09:52 CET 2008

hi albrecht,

On Fr 07 Nov 2008 16:54:21 CET Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> Quoting Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a "cosmetic" problem if users use Outlook (via Toltec) and
>> Horde in parallel with the German Horde UI.
>>
>> Outlook always produces a "Posteingang" folder, to which it will store
>> the messages downloaded from the INBOX after processing them locally.
>> Unfortunately, the translation for INBOX is also "Posteingang", i.e.
>> you will end up with two "Posteingang" folders in Horde.  Needless to
>> say that this is somehow confusing, in particular if people use Horde
>> to design mail filters...
>
> This is a know problem with Toltec.
>

>> Is there a way to switch off the localised display of INBOX?  Then in
>> Horde these folders could be distingushed, and I could explain better
>> what goes on...
>
> No, not really. You could of course try to hack something like this
> into the code but it is not recommended. I believe you currently
> have  to live with that feature if you are using Toltec Connector
> simultaniously with other Kolab clients.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>

>> Thanks, Albrecht.

i hacked horde's / imp's locales for that. horde's resp. the server's
"Posteingang" is a translation of "INBOX".

outlook's "Posteingang" is an IMAP folder name.

the first you can modify by editing the German locale file de_DE.po in
horde/imp/po. after that you have to execute the translation.php
script in horde/po.

good luck,
mike

--

das netzwerkteam
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen