Free/busy lists broken - HELP!

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Sat Nov 1 16:36:13 CET 2008

Quoting Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:
> /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache/ and all files and sub-folders are
> world-readable, i.e. the usual owner is kolab-n:kolab-n, files have
> (at least) 0644 permissions, and folders 0755.  Or are you referring
> to /imap/ folder permissions?

As to get more information about this bug and following a hint by
Saim, I made a few tests.  Before starting each test, I completely
erased the contents of the /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache folder and
then triggered the re-generation of the fb lists for
"first.user at my-domain.com" and "second.user at my-domain.com" by calling
the /freebusy/trigger/<user-name>/Kalender.pfb uri's as calendar user.
  Here are my observations:

(1) Enable unauthorised download of fb lists in the admin ui (my
standard setting).
The file aclcache.db does not contain data, the file xaclcache.db
contains two lines in the form

  calendar at my-domain.com
  my-domain^com/first^user/Kalender,my-domain^com/second^user/Kalender

The Kalender.pvc files seem to contain the proper appointment data.

However, when I download the fb list via the /freebusy/<user-name>.ifb
uri, I get the dummy freebusy lists.  The same applies for the *.vc
files.  The log file tells me: "Free/busy data of owner
first.user at my-domain.com on server srv-portal.my-server.de requested
by user ."

(2) Disable unauthorised download of fb lists in the admin ui.
The contents of the x?aclcache.db files is the same as above.  And,
again, the Kalender.pvc files seem to contain the proper data.

When I now try to access the *.ifb uri's, Firefox asks me to
authenticate.  Entering first.user at my-domain.com and the proper
password, I still get empty (dummy) fb lists, bor *both*
first.user at my-domain.com and for second.user at my-domain.com.  However,
the *.vc files now reside in the
my-domain^com/first^user/my-domain^com/ sub-folder of the cache
folder, and are all "dummy" ones.

BTW, the log file now says "Free/busy data of owner
first.user at my-domain.com on server srv-portal.my-server.de requested
by user first.user at my-domain.com."

(3) Switch back to unauthorised download.  The log file still says
that I try to download as authenticated user, and the vc files are
created below each "user folder", but they are still "dummy" ones.

I added some more debug calls to
/kolab/lib/php/Kolab/Freebusy/Cache.php (which seems to be used by
/kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/freebusy.php), and apparently it
consults the file /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache/aclcache.db.  As
this one seems to be always empty, this might be an explanation for
the empty fb lists.

This leads me to the question if I completely misunderstood the
concept of fb lists (which IMHO should *always* return the fb
information for every user, regardless of the IMAP acl setting for the
Calender folder which should only apply to the /contents/ of
appointments, right?), of if the creation of the lists and/or the
related ACL's is broken.

Still, the big question is how to fix this bug...

Thanks, Albrecht.