IMAP folder system not being generated under Toltec connector

Michael Feldmann mfeldman at lmg-porz.de
Fri May 30 19:17:43 CEST 2008

Hello list,

having had some trouble with the kolab 2.2rc2 (see thread "GETANNOTAION
call failed" in this list I have now set up version 2.1 from the OPENPKG
sourcesIon a suse10.2.

This works fine, and I can connect to the IMAP server from an outlook XP
with Toltec open format kolab-XML, latest version 2.30. The LDAP works
as well, as I can see some testusers which I have setup in the kolab
server.

As my main interest is providing a shared calendar, I have setup a new
group account on the server. On the client I introduced a new message
store and mapped it via toltec.
For all these steps I have been following the doc 1.3.7-pdf from the
Kolab home page, and now I am at the step where it says "Synchronize to
the server in order to trigger the standard imap folder creation".

This step does not seem to work, however. I assumed I had to open the
"Properties" menu of the newly created group account and in the Toltec
tab push the "synchronize" button for this folder creation. But, nothing
 at all happens, I am stuck with the two subfolders which wre there before.

What I find a bit strange, is that in the doc, version 2.x, from the
Toltec home page this step doesnt even exist. Almost from the beginning
of the procedure the reader is shown a full hierarchy of subfolders, no
hint whre these come from.

What did I overlook?

Michael