Installing on existing LAMP server

Lionel NICOLAS kolab at nividic.org
Fri May 23 12:03:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

Alain Spineux a écrit :
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Jens Kleikamp <jens at codes-concepts.com> wrote:
>
>> Paul Douglas Franklin schrieb:
>>
>>> If one has a LAMP server and wishes to add Kolab on the same box, is
>>> there more to be done than simply changing the "Listen" option on the
>>> existing Apache?
>>>

> Apache will be probably the main issue !
> You have 2 ways :
> - merge both apache configuration in the LAMP or in the kolab configuration.

I've tried to make this config working. There are some errors, like
segfault on php while using freebusy. After invertigation, it was due to
a bug in libdb4 on Debian/Ubuntu systems ...
> - or run both apache together using different port or even making one
> the proxy for the other.

Two days ago I succeeded to make this config working :
 - LAMP server on port 80/443
 - Kolab's Apache on port 81
 - Access to port 81 through mod_proxy_http and mod_proxy_html (to have
dynamic rewrite of urls in html/css/js scripts).
 - Multiple virtualhost support. For example, your hostname (used in
kolab bootstrap) is server.domain1.org, and you have two others mail
domains into kolab (domain2.com and domain3.net), you can use
https://kolab.domain2.com or kolab.domain3.net.
 - I think that admin/horde/fbview/freebusy is working properly, I don't
see bugs but I don't have the time to test all the functionnalities

The main problems I have to deal with was about cookies (because of
using different domains than used in bootstrap), and finding the right
rules for uri and html rewriting.

I think I will create a page on the wiki, but I've never post any page
on a wiki. I think I can add this page into "Administration", but I
don't know the title to set (there is already a page 'Kolab Integration
with Apacge2'). (maybe I need some help :-)   )

--
Lionel