Problems with fresh install of kolab 2.1.0

Stefan Lang lang at organet.com
Wed May 21 12:03:38 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

after running kolab since four years, yesterday I've installed kolab 2.1.0 on
a Debian Etch with Kernel 2.6.23.
At first I had to solve the problem regarding the wrong format of mailboxes.db
and annotations.db. Because it was a fresh install, instead of converting the
DBs, I deleted them and let imapd do the job at its restart.

imapd seems running fine...no further complains in the logs.
But, when I send a mail to my newly created account, it never makes a
touchdown ;-) in the imapd repository.
Last time I can "see" the incoming mail is in postfix.log. Postfix receives
the incoming mail and it makes it way through the postfix pipes..but that's
it.
Here is the last log entry of postfix.log

May 21 11:23:36 machinenname <info> postfix/pipe[4467]: 8D6F914281E:
to=<user at domain>, relay=kolabfilter, delay=2, status=sent (fqhn)
May 21 11:23:36 machinename <info> postfix/qmgr[4325]: 8D6F914281E: removed

Seems to be a "broken pipe" between postfix and imapd!

Any suggestions are welcome.

Greetz
Stefan