Kolab install failure on gcc

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu May 15 23:52:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Ryan Jacobson <rejacobson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have read the Kolab wiki for fedora/redhat installs, and actually had to
> apply the fix involving --hash-style=gnu being seen as an invalid option.  I
> got to the point where I'm at now after I applied that fix.
>
> There weren't any other fixes that I could find in the wiki that applied to
> the problem I'm having.

You are compiling on a 64bits host!
Problems with 64bits are still quite frequent.
Dont use a 64bits architecture just because you have a 64bits capable processor.

Reuse a SPEC file from another distribution will not give you more help.
Openpkg is a lot different of common distributions: staticaly linked
binaries, version number are stripped from directory of filename, ...

Maybe use last OS distribution like Fedora8 and last Kolab version
like 2.2rc2 will give you more chance of success.
At least 2.2 dont need the gcc trick.

Regards

--
Alain Spineux