[kolab-users] Re: delegation feature in debian etch

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Mar 20 16:12:45 CET 2008

Adam Katz <adam at khopis.com> writes:

> Paul Douglas Franklin wrote:
>> Horde runs on a separate system?  I have not tried to add Horde to my
>> setup yet because I fear messing with my live server until the package
>> is stable.  But if I could run Horde on another box, I'd be interested.
>> Is this doable?
>
> Horde's support for SSL is complete crap, and it simply didn't support
> the odd authentication options in kolab.

You are referring to IMAP here? That area might actually still need
some work. I noticed some problems myself but didn't work on fixing it
yet since the whole IMAP thing in the Horde::Kolab module still has
some structural issues that will be solved in Horde 4.

> Kolab also doesn't seem to
> use LDAPS (LDAP with SSL on port 636), so I had some trouble getting
> this to work securely across the internet.

Any normal Kolab box should definitely support LDAPS otherwise it is
incorrectly configured.

Cheers,

Gunnar