Setting the Debug level in Kolab2.1

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:01:45 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Tobias Oed <tobias.oed at octant-fr.com> wrote:
> Volker Stoppe wrote:
>  > Hallo,
>  >
>  > I am using the binary packages of kolab2.1. I want to reduce the logging
>  > for the imap service. I added to /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf the lines
>  > like discribes in the operation manual:
>  >
>  > log_level : 2
>  > debug : 0

This is for something else, probably of all the kolab specific
components like kolabd, kolabpolicy, kolabfilter ....

>  >
>  > and restarted the kolabd. Even after that I get lots of "debug" messages
>  > in /kolab/var/imapd/log/imapd.log / master.log. Is this the right way to
>  > control the loglevel?
>  >

>  You want to edit the files /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/imapd.conf.template
>  and/or cyrus.conf.template

This is not in imapd.conf either :-)

>  Then run kolabconf, it will generate /kolab/etc/imapd/imapd.conf and
>  cyrus.conf which is what cyrus uses.
>  Then restart cyrus /kolab/bin/openpkg rc cyrus restart

this is
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc imapd restart
instead :-)

To answere the Volker question ... This is in /kolab/etc/fsl/fsl.imapd,
replace the "debug:" into "info:", and restart imapd (as above)
OR because you said you are using the "binaries" (but witch binaries ?)
in /etc/syslog.conf replace something like
mail.*                                                  -/var/log/maillog
into
mail.info                                              -/var/log/maillog

regards

>  Tobias
>
>  --
>  *Tobias Oed* - Octant Informatique <http://www.octant-fr.com>