postfix: canonical & relocated required

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 05:06:31 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Daryl Caudill <drokmedkolab at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:
> You should of course also be aware of the Kolab configuration concept
> and rather place your modifications into a template if you want to
> keep them for a longer time.
>
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Configuration_concept
>

> Thanks for that info!  No, I wasn't aware, but I was beginning to suspect,
> when my comments kept disappearing from the config file LOL!  I knew they
> were overwritten every time I ran kolab_bootstrap, but started to realize
> from webadmin as well.

Any template generated file should have
# !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# A BIG WARNING
# !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
at the top, to warn that  the file is autogenerated, and also
for convenience, remember the localtion of the original template.
Does your main.cf have this warning ?

> Does just restarting kolab (like server reboot) rewrite them again?
No, but it could,
This is kolabd that decide if a file need to be regenerated.

> btw- I did get everything working on Lenny, had to touch
> /etc/postfix/canonical then postmap /etc/postfix/canonical (and the other
> file: relocated), works great.
>
> So, If I add Samba support (and anything else) to this server, I take it I
> will have to save those changes in the template files as well.  I guess I
> can live with that.
>
> What about GOsa?  I'm thinking of adding other services to this server, and
> try out GOsa.  I read GOsa can support a Kolab server, to a usable extent
> that is.  I'm not familiar enough with the Kolab webadmin interface (nor
> GOsa for that matter), but do want to try them out and compare them.
>
> Thanks

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you