public calendar with kronolith / kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Mar 7 17:55:19 CET 2008

Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> writes:

> hi gunnar,
>
> Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
>
>> Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> writes:
>>
>>> hi gunnar,

>>> that's what i thought, as well. but where can i tell horde to use the
>>> "anonymous" user??? i cannot find this in any of the administrative
>>> setup pages / in all the conf.php files.
>>
>> I could take a closer look tomorrow but without looking at the code
>> I'd suggest to check the Auth drivers, especially the
>> Auth/kolab.php. They might give a hint how the guest system works.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Gunnar

>>> GREAT!!!

>>> THANKS,
>>> mike
>>>

> i have found out more about the "anonymous"-login-delay:
> http://dev.horde.org/horde/whups/ticket/6043
>
> it would be great if you could find out more about the possibility to
> anonymously view a kalendar (preferrably a kalendar in a shared folder).

During my recent activities on the Horde code I also looked briefly at
the way Shares might handle an anonymous user. The problem is, that
I'm using Auth::getAuth all over the code and sometimes Auth::getAuth
does have a special meaning (it also identifies a default folder).

So my impression is that this won't work at the moment as I also
mentioned in my other mail. If you are willing to invest some more
time into the code it is something you might be able to get working
but I guess it would take some effort.

I'll have a look again once I restructure the Horde::Kolab code for
Horde 4 but that is still a few months away.

I'm going to mark the corresponding Horde bug as "stalled" for now.

Cheers,

Gunnar