Kolab 2.2 on Ubuntu 8.04

Nazeer computech at telkomsa.net
Thu Jun 12 21:33:00 CEST 2008

Hi

I already tried that. Ive managed to get it installed once but when i create
my users, the Domain does not create in kolab/var/imapd/spool. This was done
by following that guide.. For some reason, after formatting and
re-installing Kolab 2.2, i cannot get the bootstrap to work, it throws me an
error about slappasswd. What i then did was to create a symbolic link from
usr/sbin/slappasswd to kolab/sbin/slappasswd. This worked but then i get the
following error

prepare LDAP database...
adduser: The user `openldap' does not exist.
temporarily starting slapd
chown: invalid user: `openldap:openldap'
Could not start temporary slapd: No such file or directory at
/usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap line 505.

I just cannot get it to work passed there.

I have Kolab 2.1 installed on Impi Linux and on that one i have to install a
mail-transport-agent-dummy before installing kolab so that postfix doesn't
install. If postfix installs, then i have the same problem where the domain
doesn't create. I think this might be related somehow. Right now though, i
am just trying to get my Ubuntu to work with Kolab. Here are the steps i
follow:

1. Install Ubunutu 8.04 server
2. apt-get update
3. apt-get install ssh mc
4. apt-get install make gcc build-essential
5. get sources from ftp.belnet.be.... Kolab 2.2 20080204Full (ive tried with
the current one too)
6. make sure all packages are working by doing a md5sum -c MD5SUMS
7. chmod +x install-kolab.sh
8. ./install-kolab.sh -H -F 2>&1 | tee kolab-install.log
9. does it's thing for a long while
10. once done, i stop the following:
	/etc/init.d/apache2 stop
	/etc/init.d/kolab-cyrus stop
	/etc/init.d/postfix stop
	/etc/init.d/kolabd stop
	/etc/init.d/saslauthd stop

11. Kolab_bootstrap -b
12. I get the error of slappasswd
13. Create Symbolic link from usr/sbin/slappaswd to kolab/sbin/slappasswd
14.

Check for running webserver on port 80
Check for running webserver on port 443
Check for running imap server on port 143
Check for running imap server on port 220
Check for running imap server on port 585
Check for running imap server on port 993
Check for running pop3 server on port 109
Check for running pop3 server on port 110
Check for running pop3 server on port 473
Check for running pop3 server on port 995
Check for running smtp server on port 25
Check for running smtp server on port 465
Check for running ftp server on port 21
Check for running Amavis Virus Scanner Interface on port 10024
Check for running Kolab daemon on port 9999
Check for running OpenLDAP server on port 636
Check for running OpenLDAP server on port 389
Check for running Sieve server on port 2000
Excellent all required Ports are available!
Please enter Hostname including Domain Name (e.g. thishost.domain.tld)
[domain]: test.domain.co.za
Proceeding with Hostname test.domain.co.za
Do you want to set up (1) a master Kolab server or (2) a slave [1] (1/2): 1
Proceeding with master server setup

Please enter your Maildomain - if you do not know your mail domain use the
fqdn from above [domain.co.za]:
proceeding with Maildomain domain.co.za
Kolab primary email addresses will be of the type user at kryptonpcs.co.za
Generating default configuration:
Top level DN for Kolab [dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za]:
 base_dn : dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za
 bind_dn : cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=za
Please choose a manager password [Dr6RkPADqE0DSXMu]: testing
 bind_pw : testing
done modifying /etc/kolab/kolab.conf

IMPORTANT NOTE:
use login=manager and passwd=choopuki when you log into the webinterface!

Enter fully qualified hostname of slave kolab server e.g.
thishost.domain.tld [empty when done]:
prepare LDAP database...
adduser: The user `openldap' does not exist.
temporarily starting slapd
chown: invalid user: `openldap:openldap'
Could not start temporary slapd: No such file or directory at
/usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap line 505.

Hope someone can help

Thank You