Freebusy information blended -> workaround

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jun 10 18:39:15 CEST 2008

Gunnar Wrobel schrieb:
> Hi Saim,
>
> Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
>

>> Some more information after searching:
>>
>>> The entries in the cache files seems to be wrong:
>>> /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache/domain/user.vc shows that there are
>>> several entries for the different calendars. When I looked into a new
>>> test user account that has the same settings and ACLs as the other
>>> accounts there is just the entry for the personal calendar.
>>>
>>> So my question is, when and who generates the .vc files and how can I
>>> reset the entries in there?
>>>

>> Ok, here is workaround. After deleting the contents of the
>> /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache everything looks fine so far. The cache
>> is then newly generated. Make a backup of the cache folder just in case.
>> This worked for me.
>>

> So maybe this was caused by some problems in the earlier release

Unfortunatly, the problem has reoccured once again. After a while the
*.vc files have the unwanted entries of the other calendars. Deleting
the cache cures the symptoms but the cause is definetly still there.
I'll check, if it still persists after upgrading to RC3.

Best regards,
Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/