understanding horde and kolab

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:40:13 CEST 2008

2008/6/5 Maury Sandra <sandra.maury at enssib.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed Kolab v2.1.0 because I don't know if v2.2 is possible in production. Kolab works fine and my Thunderbird client too. I need now to install Horde.

If horde is required, You had better to install the last 2.2 (the RC3)
that include horde.
Even if horde is not scheduled for the 2.2 final (but probably  for
later 2.2.x), horde is already usable
for most of the standard email features!
The 2.2 finale is close (july I thing) and upgrading to final should be easy
and as always well documented.

I'm sure Gunnar (the hord guru) will give you relevant advice sooner.

> Can you tell me if I need to install a Horde server on my Kolab server ?

Horde can be installed on a separete server if this is your question.

>In Kolab v2.1.0 there is only a Horde client ?
>

> Thank very much for your response.
>
> Cordialement,
>
> Sandra Maury
> enssib