Feature request: reply-to setting for distribution lists

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon Jul 28 15:47:41 CEST 2008

* Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com> [20080728 00:49]:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Alex <lbf at dragonrising.com> wrote:
> > I use distribution lists as a way for my colleagues to chat amongst each
> > other, so it would be really useful if the reply-to field of the email
> > header could point my users reply back at the distribution list.
> >
> > At the moment, I can get round this by manually setting the reply-to
> > field in Thunderbird mail client - but it's not convenient and many of
> > my users forget to do this, causing their reply to just go back to the
> > user that sent the mail.
> >
> > If that makes sense.
>
> I think mailman do the trick :-)
> Then the question is:  why, if mailman does that already add this
> feature to kolab :-)
> And you are lucky, the kolab's wiki has a section about how to
> integrate mailman into kolab.

Yes, mailman (or other mailing list software) is the way to go here.

Distribution lists try to avoid touching mail headers and if you
want to go into this direction, there already is a very good
solution for this.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998