Kontact - note & calendar duplication

Mark Berndt marko at mechtron.com.au
Sun Jul 27 10:17:06 CEST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:18:15 pm you wrote:
> On Thursday 24 July 2008 16:00, Mark Berndt wrote:
> > Kontact is showing multiple copies of the same note, however horde shows
> > only one note.  Creating a note in horde or Kontact shows multiple notes
> > in the Kontact display.
> >
> > When I try to add a contact, the resource selection dialog shows 3 copies
> > of kolab resources.
>
> Three copies of the folder under one top resource or several resources
> which have the same contact folders?

> > email, journal and calendar all work fine.
> >
> > When I delete the kolab accounts and recreate them with the kde groupware
> > wizard, I get another copy of the notes and another entry in the resource
> > selection dialog.
>
> The wizard will not delete old accounts.
> If you want to start over, try with a fresh .kde.
> (Make sure KDE is down when you move or delete that directory.)
>
> > How can I get rid of these "left over" kolab resources?
>
> Try checking the resources for notes with "kcontrol".

Thanks Bernard - the additional resources are listed in the kcontrol program.

Deleting the additional resources removes the duplicate copies.

It seems that removing the kolab imap connection from the email accounts setup
does not remove the imap resource connections for notes and calendar.

> > I've had a good look through .kde/share/config, but can't find anything
> > obviously wrong.
> >
> > This is kolab server 2.2 and Kontact 1.29 on ubuntu 8.04

Ubuntu is using 4:3.5.9-0ubuntu3(hardy)

--
High performance computer, software and automation systems for demanding
applications

Mechtron Systems
ABN: 52 149 788 293
329 Old Canobolas Road NASHDALE NSW 2800
mob 04-2860-1801 ph 02-6365-3568 fx 02-6365-3578