Lost mailbox ACLs (rewrite)

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Jul 24 18:06:34 CEST 2008

On Thursday 24 July 2008 11:43:20 am Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Troy,
>
> the version of your Kolab Server would be very important to know.
> There had been problems with skiplist databases before,
> they should not happend with berkleydb or very new Server versions.
> Also the kernel of your host operating system can be important.

No problem.  At the time, I was using 2.2-RC3 with some config differences
from the distribution for Postfix and Horde.  My server is Ubuntu Hardy 64bit:

root at sol:~# uname -a
Linux sol 2.6.24-18-server #1 SMP Wed May 28 20:21:05 UTC 2008 x86_64

I can only give you the nebulous "something happened" which caused me to
rebuild the mailbox files using  /kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct.  After that, I
noticed that some mailboxes were not accessible by the end users. Using
"/kolab/bin/cyradm -U manager localhost", I was able to change the ACLs on
most of the mailboxes by adding the owner back to the list.  But on a handful
of mailboxes, there were no ACLs listed at all.  For those even the manager
account couldn't do anything.

So using "/kolab/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d > mailboxlist.txt", I edited the
mailboxlist.txt file so that it had the right ACLs for the mailboxes missing
them.  I reloaded the list and presto, everything was back to normal.

Hope that helps.

Troy