kolab_bootstrap -b of kolab 2.2.0-1.1 does not work on openSUSE 10.3

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Sat Jul 19 09:15:55 CEST 2008

* Uwe Galle <uga at domestic.de> [20080719 02:08]:
> But there was no slurpd process. I saw that in the script the usual line
>
>       if( `ps -elf|grep slurpd|grep -v grep` ) {
>
> was replaced by the line
>
>       if( `ps -elf|grep s[l]urpd` ) {
>
> This line didn't filter the string "slurpd" of the grep command out and always
> finds a running slurpd process.

$ echo s[l]urpd
s[l]urpd
$ touch slurpd
$ echo s[l]urpd
slurpd

Maybe you have a file or directory named 'slurpd' in the same
directory where you run kolab_bootstrap?
Anyway, I'll add some quoting now to circumvent this problem in the
future.

> I saw that the script deletes the whole /var/lib/ldap/ but doesn't create any
> new database here so that slapd cannot start. Because the owner of
> /var/lib/ldap/ is ldap and other owners have no other rights I assigned the read
> and write right for other users to /var/lib/ldap/ in order to be sure that there will be no
> permission problems here. Furthermore I run kolab_bootstrap -b as root.

This is a problem specific to OpenSUSE, so I can't help here.

> It was not possible to install kolab. Please help.

The OpenPKG packages might be an alternative for you.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998