Lost mailbox ACLs (rewrite)

troy at carpenter.cx troy at carpenter.cx
Mon Jul 14 03:09:42 CEST 2008

I seemed to have foo-bar'ed one of the important sentences...here's a rewrite.

Quoting Troy Carpenter <troy at carpenter.cx>:

Something strange happened on my system overnight, and I don't know if my
recovery actions may have caused this, but some of the mailboxes in users
accounts are completely missing ACLs.  Some inboxes were simply
missing the ACL for the user, but I'm talking about ones that don't
have any ACLs at all, so the cyrus admin user can't even add the user
back in because that account isn't in the ACL either.

The lm command lists the mailboxes, and they exist in the mailbox tree, but
they don't show up in any clients, and like I said, the lam command comes
back blank.

If I try to reconstruct the mailboxes, I get the following:

kolab-r at sol$ cyrreconstruct user/troy/Sent at carpenter.cx
carpenter.cx!user.troy.Sent: Unknown/invalid partition

Any ideas?