Kolab/Horde contact phone numbers

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Jul 9 17:13:25 CEST 2008

Troy Carpenter wrote:
> We have a large number of contacts in a shared folder on the Kolab
> server.  Nearly all the contacts have phone numbers attached, and in
> Kontact I can see all the data associated with a contact.
>
> However, in Horde, I only see phone numbers for a few contacts.  When I
> added a phone number to one of those contacts via Horde, the contact
> appears in Kontact with two phone entries, both labeled "home", while
> Horde only shows the one I entered via Horde.
>
> It would appear to me that Horde is not always recognizing the home
> phone field.  I cannot say how old the records are compared to the ones
> that are showing phone numbers.
>
> Obviously, I would like to have Horde show all the information without
> re-entering all the (already existing) phone numbers.
>
> Thanks,
> Troy Carpenter

I have discovered the following in the contact.xml records stored on the
IMAP server (as seen by opening the attachment in an email program):

- <#> <phone>
    <type>home2</type>
    <number>123-456-6332</number>
</phone>

All the ones that don't show the home phone number in Horde are marked
"home2", while the ones Horde shows (or subsequently creates), are
marked "home1".

Now I just need a quick way to rename all the "home2" entries to "home1".

Troy