kolabfilter and amavis

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:17:03 CET 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 9:45 PM, Tobias Oed <tobias.oed at octant-fr.com> wrote:

>  Alain Spineux wrote:
>  On Jan 30, 2008 5:54 PM, Tobias Oed <tobias.oed at octant-fr.com> wrote:
>

>  Hello, I have a mynetworks set to 192.168.X.X/24 and would like emails from
> clients on that network
>  to not be scanned for spam.
>
>  Only SPAM or bypass all the amavis filter ?
>
>  Only spam, I still would like to bounce viruses.

This is a bad idea ! Virus are sent by virus themself, that use fake
sender address !
You will bother innocent people! Just silently drop them !

>  Maybe you could share with us why you want to do that ?
>
>  I can't configure authentication on the clients the day the migration is
> done. There are too many of them, and I can't have the users mail
> disapearing as spam.
>  Also, I have several servers that send mail using the mail/php/whatnot
> command in various obscure scripts. Some of them will be flagged as spam and
> I don't want to lose that mail.
>

>  So I copied the MYUSERS policy of
> amavis.conf.template to MYNETS
>  and now all spam goes thourgh.
>  This is because kolabfilter acts before amavis and the IP address of the
> client gets lost in the
>  comunication between kolabfilter and postfix (missing XFORWARD ?).
>  So I was wondering what one can do about that and also how the MYUSERS part
> of the amavis
>  config is supposed to work.
>  This is with kolab-2.1
>
>  If you want to bypass amavis you could try to add this line to
> /kolab/etc/postfix/master.cf (do it in the template :-)
>
> 192.168.X.X:11025 inet n - n - -
> smtpd -o content_filter=
>
> !!! there is nothing after the =
> and setup your client to use 192.168.X.X:11025 instead of just 192.168.X.X
>
>  That could be a temporary workaround, but I'd still have to go around and
> change the config on each client... That's why I'm looking for a solution on
> the server side.
>  I don't think the question is entierly out of place since the postfix
> master file contains the xforward that are necessary for amavis, and
> kolabfilter prints the clients ip correctly, while kolabmailboxfilter prints
> 127.0.0.1 instead. I think the ip gets lost when kolabfilter reinjects the
> mail back into postfix.
>  Thanks, cheers
>  Tobias

Then replace the smtp line by two, one for internal address the other
for external :

1.2.3.4  inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
192.168.X.X inet  n       -       n       -       -  smtpd -o content_filter=

or use a different port for your ingoing traffinc, you just have  to
change your firewall/router

I'm not an amavis expert :-)

--
Alain Spineux