kolab live-cd now available

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Sun Jan 20 11:18:25 CET 2008

Op Sunday 20 January 2008 03:00:32 schreef Diego Tognola:
> Richard,
>
> I'd have two suggestion:
>
> -) how about adding a few repositories, e.g. OSS and Kolab ?

Those are already available:
kolab:~ # smart channel --show | grep base | sort
baseurl = http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/repo/non-oss/suse/
baseurl = http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/repo/oss/suse/
baseurl =
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/Kolab/openSUSE_10.3/
baseurl =
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php:/applications//openSUSE_10.3/
baseurl = http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3/

> -) some documentation on how to proceed to create 'something.net' ?

The following explanatiooon will be available in the  next version:
=Reconfiguring kolab, kontact and horde
==Reconfiguring kolab
It is possible to experiment with kolab groupware integrated into your
network, but in that case the Kolab groupware server must be reconfigured.
This is done with kolab_bootstrap -b. Before kolab_bootstrap can be run all
related services needs to be stopped. This can be done with rckolabsrv stop
(which is a shortcut for the script kolabsrv rc all stop). All of these
scripts need to be run as user root.

==Reconfiguring kontact and horde
After the kolab groupware server has been reconfigured, the groupware clients
for the user needs to be reconfigured too. This can be done with kolabwizard
for kontact KDE's personal information manager (PIM) application. Kolabwizard
should be executed by the user that is going to use kontact. Don't forget to
reconfigure Horde as well. For this follow the steps on the openSUSE
kolab/horde wiki page. As a last resort just remove all the conf.php files
under /srv/www/htdocs/horde (you can use command
find /srv/www/htdocs/horde -name "conf.php" to find all the horde config
files) and start all over again. Users can be added to the livecd with yast.
But remember none of the changes will survive a reboot.
<<<<<

I want to leave it like that, BUT if someone else contributes such a
howto/procedure I'll just include it.

> And with respect to the 'install': thanks for your hint, this is what
> worked for me so far:
>
> -) create a new  VM with VMware server (Linux, openSUSE, 512MB, 8GB,
> bridged network
> -) add a CD drive to the VM, pointing to the LiveCD ISO
> -) start VM
> -) walk through the network card setup
> -) open YAST, add the OSS repository ('software repositories')
> -) install 'yast2-live-installer' via 'software management' in YAST
> -) start 'Live-Installer' via YAST, install onto the VM's harddisk
> -) after installation, shutdown VM
> -) remove or disconnect the CD drive pointing to the ISO
> -) start the VM
> -) define admin password & new local user (?)
> -) internet connection test failed, no URL defined (!)
> -) log in as 'kolab1'
> -) shutdown VM, take a snapshot  ;-)

Wonderful!

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,