catch-all mailbox

Nik777 kolab at babel.homelinux.net
Mon Jan 14 13:26:41 CET 2008

Hi All,

I need to implement a catch-all mailbox in my Kolab installation.

Looking in the main.cf file, I see:

virtual_maps =  hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/virtual, ldap:ldapdistlist,
ldap:ldapvirtual

and

local_recipient_maps = $virtual_maps

I presume that if I put the classic catch-all mailbox entry
"@mydomain.com catchall at mydomain.com" into /kolab/etc/postfix/virtual,
then I will disable all ldap user lookups by postfix, because the
virtual file is listed *before* the ldap entries?

Can anyone guide me to a recommended way to implement a catch-all
mailbox please?

For those who want to warn me away from doing this, I have solid
solutions for both SPAM *to* invalid accounts (using greylisting) *and*
mail "bounced" to invalid accounts on my domain.

Cheers!
Nik