Mail not getting thru

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 10:39:54 CET 2008

Maybe it's not yet too late, you can llok your postfix and your
fetchmail log BUT also on the header of the emails themself !
First identify one of theses delayed mail and read carefully the
beginning of the header. Take note of the message-id.
Then try to confirm with the postfix log. This is in
/kolab/var/postfix/postfix.log and .0 for the first archive. Older are
bziped.
You must search the message-id of the message. You should find it
twice and get two queue-id. Check the time of
all lines with these two queue-id.
Then take a look at fetchmail log (this is not a standard kolab
component, I don't know where you put them).
Have a visual check to see if you cannot identify an unusual error message.

Regards

On Jan 12, 2008 2:00 AM, Paul Franklin <pdf at yugm.org> wrote:
> Thanks.  That's the sort of clue I was hoping for.  Now if it will just
> happen again so I can diagnose it.
> --Paul
>
> Nuno Silva wrote:
> > Paul Franklin wrote:
> >> The message went from my yahoo account to the offsite mail server to
> >> the fetchmail on the same box as Kolab runs.  But it didn't show up
> >> in my Kolab mail account until all of the messages suddenly arrived.
> >> I'm confident they were all in some kind of stasis on the Kolab box
> >> between fetchmail and Kolab.
> >
> > Sorry, I misread your message earlier.
> >
> > Like this it just doesn't make sense to me :-)
> >
> > Next time you may want to check where your messages are (my guess: in
> > postfix's mailqueue. type: mailq to be sure)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Nuno Silva
> >

> --
> Paul Douglas Franklin
> Computer Manager, Union Gospel Mission of Yakima, Washington
> Husband of Danette
> Father of Laurene, Miriam, Tycko, Timothy, Sarabeth, Marie, Dawnita, Anna Leah, Alexander, and Caleb

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you