shared folder issue?

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:17:21 CET 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 1:11 PM, Loïc Elineau <loic.elineau at benefacere.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently added a shared.test1 and a shared.test2 folders to my kolab
> (2.2b3), and then deleted them.
> But, in fact, they still were in lists of available folder for everybody.

The GUI only mark the folder as deleted, and the Kolabd daemon
should have deleted it in Imap then remove the entry from ldap too.
This is a recurrent problem especially when for unknwon reasons
kolabd is no running. Restarting kolabd often resync both LDAP and IMAP

> I wanted to delete them throught cyradm, but i got "permission denied"
> The only solution was to give manager account all rights on this folder before
> I delete them.
> sam shared.test1 at mydomain.fr manager all
> dm shared.test1 at mydomain.fr
>
> Is it normal that manager doesn't have all rights over all mailboxes?

Yes this is the way. Manager as some implicit rights like the "a" to give him
all the rights he want, but not the "x" right to delete the folder.

> Best regards
>
> Loïc Elineau

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com