Installing own ssl-certificates

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Wed Jan 9 11:29:27 CET 2008

On January 7, 2008, admin2 at kjh.de wrote:
> Hallo
>
> I get an an ssl-cert from a third party authority. I get a ssl.key, an
> ssl.cert and i give them a Pass Phrase like i do in the bootstrap
> process, but its a new one.

OK ...

This means you are using an encrypted key ... which is why it asks for the
passphrase all of the time.   What you will want to do is create a decrypted
copy of the key (with no passphrase) and use that one in the apache configs.

openssl rsa -in ssl.key -out ssl.key.decrypted

And use ssl.key.decrypted in the configs (apache, postfix, IMAP, LDAP etc)

<optional (rename the file to what you want)>
mv ssl.key ssl.key.encrypted
mv ssl.key.decrypted ssl.key
</opttional>

You can read more here :