mail bounced

Nuno Silva nuno.silva at vgertech.com
Fri Jan 4 23:06:07 CET 2008

rajnish kumar wrote:
> Dear friends
>                       We have  installed kolab server with 800 users
> with good config hardware machine. My problem is after 1 year
> successful running kolab2.1 is bouncing mails with this error  "
> Command time limit exceeded: "/kolab/bin/php''
> kindly any one have solution about this.

Hello!

In php.ini you have something like this:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in
seconds
max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend
parsing request data

[...]

And your php script is hitting that limit. As a quick workaround you can
increase the max_execution_time... However you should debug this further
because something is taking way to long to complete. Maybe the
anti-virus or anti-spam? Maybe other services are using all the CPU or
I/O available?

Peace,
Nuno Silva