Duplicate but deleted messages in Horde

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Feb 28 23:15:16 CET 2008

When I log into my account in Horde, I usually see the last 5 messages or so
duplicated in my inbox, but all the duplicates are crossed out and marked as
deleted.  Over time something cleans this up because I  see emails that used
to have the "duplicate" and they have been cleared out automatically.

If I look in the IMAP spool directory for my account, I can see two similar
emails, but they are slightly different:

root at sol:# diff 15433. 15434.
36c36
<       boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01CB_01C87A1F.A5372A90"
---
>   boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01CB_01C87A1F.A5372A90"
40a41,48

It looks like the newer one has a few more headers and slightly modified
fields.

KMail is not showing the deleted duplicates, but Horde does.

Is this coming from a filter?  Possibly from the klamav filter (that scans the
email then marks it's virus status)?  I will try to turn off all the filters
and see if the problem goes away.

Even still, if these are side effects of some filter I am running, I still
would not like to have Horde display the messages.  I'm sure it is treating
them as deleted but non-purged messages.

Thanks for any insight.