Lost access to shared imap contacts folder

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Feb 22 10:54:06 CET 2008

Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de> writes:

> <posted & mailed>
>
> Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>
>> Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de> writes:

>>> Here's what I get cyradminning as the user in question:
>>>
>>> # /kolab/bin/cyradm --user=johannes.graumann at morannon.homelinux.org
>>> localhost
>>> IMAP Password:
>>> localhost> lm
>>> shared.family contacts (\HasNoChildren)
>>> localhost> lam shared.family\ contacts
>>> group:family at morannon.homelinux.org lrswipda
>>>
>>> Nothing here either, no?
>>
>> This tells you that the IMAP server would allow you to access the
>> folder and in principle the configuration is okay. So now I would
>> definitely try a different client. Are you using Horde? Does it
>> display the folder? Can you check Thunderbird?
> When using thunderbird (icedove) I can't look at the contacts, but the
> number of messages in the Inbox/Contacts folder fetched from the server is
> what I would expect from my combined Contact folders (my personal one which
> kontact sees to and the joined one this thread is about and which kontact
> is missing).

Sounds strange because the contacts should not get merged into
INBOX/Contacts. Kontact will only display a seperate shared contacts
folder if you activated the display of groupware folders.

When you try to subscribe to IMAP folders within kontact, do you see
the folder get listed?

> Looks like this is a kontact/kmail issue then! Where should I go to complain
> about it?

Try to get the newest enterprise version on your system and test with
it. In general kontact bugs also go into the kolab bug
tracker. Definitely *always* state the exact version you are using.

Cheers,

Gunnar