authentication problems (sieve, imapd)

Werner R. timpoluk at pure.ch
Thu Feb 21 19:10:02 CET 2008

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:

> "Werner R." <timpoluk at pure.ch> writes:
>> I am using native Kolab2/Gentoo and experience strange
>> authentication problems
>> with sieveshell and the kolab admin gui.
>>
>> sieveshell works if I authenticate as manager for a certain user, but
>> not if the users authenticate for themself. The following error
>> appears in the log:

> I think the perl modules of cyrus imap are only able to use the PLAIN
> login mechanism. This is probably not available on your system. Can
> you check with telnet what the sieve port offers?

PLAIN is offered, but I had to use

     sieveshell --user uid at mydomain --authname=user at mydomain localhost

instead of

     sieveshell --user uid --authname=user at mydomain localhost

UID alone should work but I still have the UID-Problem on my amd64 box posted
earlier.

Altough sieveshell works now I cannot explain the error in the kolab web gui
mentioned below.

I would like to write a CGI (preferably in perl) with which I can create, list
and store sieve scripts for my users. Probably such work has already
been done. I would appreciate any pointers.

  Werner