Horde 2.2 RC1 Errors

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Feb 21 15:16:58 CET 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008 03:03:52 am Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> You are referring to the hardcoded information in the the php.spec
> which has no relevance for the build process of the Kolab server.
>
> The kolabd.spec declares the following:
>
> PreReq: php, php::with_pear = yes, php::with_gettext = yes,
> php::with_dom = yes, php::with_mcrypt = yes, php::with_iconv = yes,
> php::with_mbstring = yes, php::with_mbregex = yes, php::with_gd = yes,
> php::with_imap = yes, php::with_ssl = yes, php::with_ctype = yes,
> php::with_openldap = yes, php::with_mhash = yes, php::with_zlib = yes,
> php::with_bdb = yes, php::with_imap_annotate = yes, php::with_pear =
> yes, php::with_xml = yes, php::with_mm = yes
>
> And this it the relevant bit of information.
>
> If you inject packages like you did with PHP you *will* break your
> system :)
>
> Please just use the install-kolab.sh script and add your additional
> defines for PHP there. Then you have a significantly higher chance of
> keeping a working system.

Ok, help me with this because I couldn't find any info like this when I
searched online, and ones I did find seemed to only apply to 2.1
installations.

Where exactly do I add the extra defines?  Do I modify the klolabd.spec or am
I adding them to install-kolab.sh?  And if install-kolab.sh, where in that
file do I add?  Do I put it in the DEFINE= line?  What format?

The reason I need the extra stuff is because there is only one server to run
both Kolab and a website (which needs mysql specifically and other
libraries).

Thanks for your help,
Troy