Lost access to shared imap contacts folder

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Feb 21 11:48:57 CET 2008

<posted & mailed>

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de> writes:
>
>> Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

>>> Is this output from a session as "manager" on that machine or as the
>>> user that does not see the folder?
>>>
>>> If your problem originates from a problem with the IMAP server, "lm"
>>> shouldn't list the folder if you login as standard user via cyradm.
>>>
>>> The other config pieces you posted look okay.
>>>
>>> Btw.: I'm not ignoring you on IRC but you tend to post in the evening
>>> :) and I'm usually only active there during work hours (CET).
>>
>> Here's what I get cyradminning as the user in question:
>>
>> # /kolab/bin/cyradm --user=johannes.graumann at morannon.homelinux.org
>> localhost
>> IMAP Password:
>> localhost> lm
>> shared.family contacts (\HasNoChildren)
>> localhost> lam shared.family\ contacts
>> group:family at morannon.homelinux.org lrswipda
>>
>> Nothing here either, no?
>
> This tells you that the IMAP server would allow you to access the
> folder and in principle the configuration is okay. So now I would
> definitely try a different client. Are you using Horde? Does it
> display the folder? Can you check Thunderbird?
When using thunderbird (icedove) I can't look at the contacts, but the
number of messages in the Inbox/Contacts folder fetched from the server is
what I would expect from my combined Contact folders (my personal one which
kontact sees to and the joined one this thread is about and which kontact
is missing).
Looks like this is a kontact/kmail issue then! Where should I go to complain
about it?

Joh