freebusy CVS observation + questions

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Feb 21 09:26:25 CET 2008

Hi Mike,

Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> writes:

> hi gunnar,
>
> here are some more observations about the new fb system in kolab-cvs:
>
>    o using the attendees.php script in kronolith as "user A": whenever
>      attendees.php is called as user A and the first attendee is added to the
>      list of attendees, a file named ".pvc" is created in the kolab-freebusy
>      cache dir. is that intentional??? (it is the dummy .pvc file: "This is a
>      dummy vfreebusy that indicates an empty calendar...")

once you add attendees, the system accesses the Free/busy
information. So at that point the information should also get cached
and you should see such files. They should only contain the "dummy
vfreebusy" if the user has no events in the requested period.

>    o i have write access to my daughters calendar. when i create an
> event in her
>      calendar, her freebusy cache files are not updated... in business
> you often
>      have assistants arranging appointments for mangers etc. definitely, their
>      fb-information should be update on change of events, shouldn't it???
>
>    o my horde version (horde-webmail-1.1rc1) does not yet like the fb-files
>      created by your script. using fb.php in kronolith i receive an
> empty file...
>      i will investigate on that and keep you informed
>
>    o when i try to freebusy/trigger my own calendars, i receive a "Folder
>      INBOX/Kalender is irrelevant for user XXX". to my point of view, my own
>      calendar is pretty relevant to me... (that's why i have commented out the
>      this bit of code:
>
> /*if (!$relevant) {
>      return PEAR::raiseError(sprintf(_("Folder %s is irrelevant for user %s."),
>                              $access->imap_folder, $access->user));
>    }*/
>
>      in FreeBusyCache::&loadPartial().
>

> questions:
>
>    o how does the new relevance thing work in horde/kolab (see workaround
>      above)??? is there a draft or something that explains the mechanism?

@bernhard: ping

@mike: yes, there is draft that still needs to get posted. Therefore I
added Bernhard on cc. We should definitely be discussing this draft.

Btw.: Can you post the next one on this in kolab-devel? You are
clearly living on the *-devel side of life ;)

Cheers,

Gunnar