Horde 2.2 RC1 Errors

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Feb 20 17:16:12 CET 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 08:14:02 am Troy Carpenter wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 February 2008 02:46:02 am Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>>
> > > [19-Feb-2008 15:32:49] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'DOMDocument' not found
> > > in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/DOM.php on line 108
> >
> > You mentioned that you recompiled PHP and Apache yourself in order to
> > add some extensions. This error clearly indicates that you deactivated
> > some others.
>
> Yes, I have enabled extra things (like mysql) so I can run my normal
> website with it, but I don't remember deactivating anything.  I recompiled
> apache, apache-php, and php.  I also tried to put the originals back on,
> but that didn't work...I pretty sure I did something wrong there.
>
> > In this case Horde tells you that it does not have the DOM extension
> > activated.
> >
> > http://de2.php.net/manual/en/ref.dom.php
> >
> > This is required for parsing XML and since Kolab relies on XML
> > attachments, it won't work.
>
> I'll double check the config specs on the packages to be sure I didn't
> disable it.

Just a note, I looked at the unmodified apache-php.spec and php.spec included
in the Kolab distribution and in both files I see:

%option       with_dom                  no

When I changed this to 'yes', then Calendar and Contacts started working.

The SEGFAULT still occurs when reading most email:

[Wed Feb 20 11:13:08 2008] [notice] child pid 24356 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)
zend_mm_heap corrupted

I don't know if the zend_mm_heap_corrupted has anything to do with the
segfault or not.  It doesn't always appear when there is a segfault.

I beginning to think it is something about the emails themselves that are
causing the problem, but I haven't figured out a pattern yet.

Troy