Update: Kolab/Horde - problem with ext. LDAP & IMAP

Andre Mathibe andre.mathibe at mortgage-services.de
Tue Feb 19 19:11:17 CET 2008

i have found the switch...

in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Auth/kolab.php

/**
* Sets a variable in the session saying that authorization has succeeded,
* note which userId was authorized, and note when the login took place.
*
* The kolab driver rewrites UIDs into the correct mail addresses that
* need to be used to log into the system.
*
* @param string $userId            The userId who has been authorized.
* @param array $credentials        The credentials of the user.
* @param string $realm             The authentication realm to use.
* @param boolean $changeRequested  Whether to request that the user change
*                                  their password.
*/
 function setAuth($userId, $credentials, $realm = null, $changeRequested =
false)
  {
    $userMail = Kolab::kolabMailForAlias($userId);
    if (is_a($userMail, 'PEAR_Error')) {
    Horde::logMessage('Error while fetching the Kolab ID', __FILE__, __LINE__,
PEAR_LOG_ERR);
       return;
   }
 parent::setAuth($userMail, $credentials, $realm, $changeRequested);
    }
}

.... but for my solution i need that HORDE imp,turba, etc. authenticates to
CyrusIMAP with the $userID,.....

>Dear list,....
>
>I have set up a Kolab with Horde. on Debian.
>The entries in /kolab/etc/kolab.conf are pointing to an existing LDAP and
>(Cyrus) IMAP-Server. The necessary (internal) Kolab-Entries in LDAP are made
>and a user can log in (as i want) with its UID (not with the
>eMail-address !!!).
>In principle it works,....after a long time the workspace comes
>up,...but,..... tracing the IMAP-Logfiles.....HORDE wants to athenticate
>against the IMAP-Server with the users eMail-address.
>
>Where is the switch (in any *.conf or *.php), where HORDE/KOLAB gets the
>users
>email-address and uses it as login credential???

Andre Mathibe