freebusy with kolab debian packages

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Feb 19 08:42:55 CET 2008

Hi Mike,

Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> writes:

> hi gunnar,
>
> On Montag 18 Februar 2008, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> If you use the newest packages from CVS there should be no need to
>> patch php and c-client anymore. The newer package should be able to
>> automatically switch to the PEAR Net_IMAP package if it detects an
>> unpatched PHP5.
>>

> i have created my own sort of kolab-freebusy-CVS backport in /usr/local and it
> works surprisingly well together with kolab-2.1 as in debian.

nice :)

> i can generate freebusy-cache elements with freebusy/trigger (https
> authentication required) and download freebusy files without auth.
>
> my problem for horde-integration now is:
>
>   o for freebusy/trigger, the scripts require authentication. this works fine
>     when authenticating (with a browser) as the owner of the calendar folders
>     in question
>   o but normally the owner of a calendar does not authenticate on freebusy
>     requests. as i understand it, horde uses a generic account that has
>     calendar read-access to all calendars on the kolab system

This is not quite correct. Horde uses the users credentials to
authenticate against the freebusy system. Every Kolab client should
actually behave this way.

What horde does within the call "triggerFreeBusyUpdate" (currently in
Kolab.php -> on my systems /usr/share/php/Horde/Kolab.php) is to
trigger using the URL

'https://' . Kolab::getServer("imap") . '/freebusy/trigger/' . $folder . '.xpfb'

Actually it shouldn't use a hardcoded path here. Probably have to fix
this at some point :)

Anyhow if that triggering URL works on your system, Horde should
trigger the update.

>   o probably similar with other kolab clients???

No, a complete Kolab client should authenticate to the free/busy
system as mentioned above.

>   o i tried to authenticate against freebusy/trigger with my kolab/LDAP
>     systems calendar user, but the freebusy/trigger https authentication
>     failed

Yes, you can only use the users credentials that OWNs the folder.

> so how can i tell horde, to trigger the fbgeneration on my calendars without
> calendar owner authentication???
>
> another question remains: how do i trigger fbgeneration of calendars stored in
> shared folders?

Shared folders are not taken into account when it comes to the
calculation of free/busy times. I'm not 100% certain if this was
intended this way but I believe it makes sense. Shared folders usually
contain very generic events. Image a situation where you have a shared
folder accessible to all users on your system: Add one event and
suddenly all your users are blocked by this event.

Cheers,

Gunnar