Calendar user permissions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 18 12:40:47 CET 2008

On Friday 15 February 2008 17:58, Thomas Black wrote:
> >  It should be set automatically for resource accounts.
> >  If it is not, this would be a defect and we should create an issue.
>
> By resource accounts, do you mean groupware subfolders? What exactly
> do you mean by resource accounts?

The accounts that are created as "resource" accounts in the web admin
interface. You can create "user", "group" and "resource" accounts.
They can be used to book shared resources, e.g. a room or a company car.

> I would assume that the calendar groupware folders should have these
> permissions set automatically, that did not appear to be the case.

Your assumption is wrong. :)
They should not have the calender user permission by default.
This is only necessary for automatic, server based treatment of invitation
emails. Most users would not want this.

> This means that each time we add a new user we need to go set these
> permissions, which is a bit of an administrative pain.

Do all of your users need the above features?