2.1 to 2.2-rc1 migration not advisable currently.

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Feb 14 09:49:40 CET 2008

Hello,

For the benefit of others contemplating an early adoption, I'd just like to
state that I will roll back my small setup to 2.1 after dabbling in
2.2-rc1.
I had - not unexpectedly for a beta - a number of problems, 2 of which are
showstoppers for me and where not resolvable by community input so far:
1) The Horde Web Client doesn't work for me. The installation script did
nothing to the relevant configuration scripts and trying to adapt them
manually did not yield a setup that I was able to log into with credentials
perfectly fine when using kontact.
Manual/special configuration needs of horde where not documented in
1st.readme for the beta.
2) Previously (2.1) setup shared imap resources (shared contact
folders, ...) are not visible to kontact any more even though the web-admin
interface shows them still present, owned by the right group which still
contains the relevant users. A cyradmin investigation of the folder(s) also
did not reveal anything obvious to the layman.

So my advise is: hold that curiosity and wait.

Joh